live output stops if no spikes occur

Vaggelis Ntouros

Jul 21, 2022, 5:13:50 AM7/21/22
to SpiNNaker Users Group
Hello all,

I notice a rather strange issue when simulating a live output population.

The architecture is a 3 population SNN. The first one receives spikes in real time from a DVS. And the third sends spikes through live output (the cpp version -> visualiser repo).

Running the simulation, if no spikes occur in the third population for about 10-15 secs, then for the reset of the simulation no spikes occus at all, even if they would otherwise.

Any idea what might cause that?

Thanks
Vaggelis

Andrew Rowley

Jul 22, 2022, 2:47:45 AM7/22/22
to Vaggelis Ntouros, SpiNNaker Users Group

Hi,

That sounds like something somewhere has possibly crashed; I can’t think why that would happen for any particular reason though.  If this isn’t recording, when you call “p.end()” do you get any error messages?

Andrew :)

Vaggelis Ntouros

Jul 23, 2022, 2:31:21 PM7/23/22
to SpiNNaker Users Group
Hello Andrew,

I attach the log when that happens. The warnings you ll see, are the expected ones from my application. I can not see anything, strange unfortunately.

Vaggelis
error.log

Andrew Rowley

Jul 25, 2022, 2:52:29 AM7/25/22
to Vaggelis Ntouros, SpiNNaker Users Group

Hi,

The critical part of this is that the router on 0, 0 has an error status.  Normally this may indicate an internal hardware fault, but with an external device it might also mean that the device is not forming packets correctly resulting in packets not getting through.  Can you check the external device connection and any FPGA bit files or software that it uses?

Andrew :)