reading event from event camera

Hadar Cohen-Duwek

Feb 24, 2022, 4:04:04 AM2/24/22
to SpiNNaker Users Group
Hi

I'm trying to read live data from an event camera, both the camera and the spinnaker are connected to my computer.
After reading some data, I receive this exception:

Exception has occurred: SpiNNManCoresNotInStateException
waiting for cores odict_keys([(4, 4, 3)]) to reach one of [<CPUState.READY: 5>]

Why did I receive this exception? and how can I read live events from an event camera?

I used this function to send events : sender.send_spikes(label, neuron_ids)

Thanks,
Hadar

Andrew Rowley

Feb 24, 2022, 10:26:11 AM2/24/22
to Hadar Cohen-Duwek, SpiNNaker Users Group

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to send more of the output and error message?  The message in question can come from a number of different places.

Note that it is worth retrying things as in some cases the errors can be transient (though we are working to reduce the number of times these sort of things happen).  If you continue to get the same error repeatedly (even if not every time) it is more likely to be something specific to the network.

One thought would be that this is coming from a timeout of the simulation i.e. the simulation isn’t finishing properly and is instead timed-out.  This could happen with camera input if the rates of spiking were particularly high, especially if the network is complex as well.  We are working on better handing of spikes from event cameras, so we may have a solution for this if that is the cause.

Andrew :)