SpiNNManCoresNotInStateException

mazdak fatahi

Sep 10, 2022, 4:55:25 PM9/10/22
to SpiNNaker Users Group
Hello,

I'm running same code on both sPyNNaker and sPyNNakerGit but I got the following Error on sPyNNakerGit (I've updated the sPyNNakerGit  and I'm using the EBRAINS ):

 SpiNNManCoresNotInStateException: waiting for cores ['0, 0, 1 (ph: 0)'] to reach one of [<CPUState.RUNNING: 7>]

If it's necessary I can add the notebooks.
Thank you in advance for your help and support

best regards,
Mazdak

mazdak fatahi

Sep 10, 2022, 5:29:50 PM9/10/22
to SpiNNaker Users Group
Hi again,
To ensure, I tested the following simple code with sPyNNakerGit kernel and I got the same error:

    import spynnaker8 as sim
    sim.setup(timestep=1, time_scale_factor=10)
    sim.set_number_of_neurons_per_core(sim.IF_cond_exp, 100)
    input_pop=sim.Population(1, sim.SpikeSourceArray([1, 2, 4]), label="input")
    outpu_pop= sim.Population(1, sim.IF_cond_exp, label='output')
    prj=sim.Projection(input_pop, outpu_pop, sim.OneToOneConnector(), synapse_type = sim.StaticSynapse(weight=1, delay=1.0),receptor_type = 'excitatory')
    sim.run(1)

========

It seems something is wrong with my machine. Because it's not about the code or my model.
Could you please help me to fix it?
I updated the sPyNNakerGit in its virtual env. as below:

bbpnrsoa@1499af49a091:~$ bash support/gitpull.sh
bbpnrsoa@1499af49a091:~$ bash support/automatic_make.sh

Thank you.

Best regards,

Andrew Rowley

Sep 12, 2022, 2:47:12 AM9/12/22
to mazdak fatahi, SpiNNaker Users Group

Hi,

You may also have to compile the Java code after a git pull.  The full instructions are:

Open a terminal in Jupyter and then type the following commands

cd sPyNNakerGit

source bin/activate

support/gitpull.sh

support/automatic_make.sh

mvn -f JavaSpiNNaker -DskipTests=True clean package

You should then have an up-to-date environment.

Andrew :)

mazdak fatahi

Sep 12, 2022, 5:42:55 AM9/12/22
to SpiNNaker Users Group