Upload Data

Xinyi Liao

Feb 7, 2022, 10:16:30 AM2/7/22
to spinnak...@googlegroups.com
Dear sir/madam,

I am a third-year student at the University of Manchester. I was working on a project to recognize numbers using the dataset N-MNIST. But the dataset is very large, it has about 1GB, 60 000 training and 10 000 testing samples. I don't know if it is appropriate to upload these data on the web browser, spinn-20.cs.man.ac.uk And if I upload them, I need to confirm upload for each of the .bin files. So I am thinking if you know a more appropriate and more clever way of uploading the data?

Thank you so much for your time and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Xinyi Liao

Andrew Rowley

Feb 8, 2022, 4:03:45 AM2/8/22
to Xinyi Liao, spinnak...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

If you have the examples on a server or on the web, you can download them onto the service using “wget”, “curl”, or “scp” by opening a terminal in the Jupyter system.  That should be quicker than uploading to the service.

Andrew :)