Error: powder averaging for isotropic hamiltonian

Chitrak

Sep 19, 2012, 11:19:01 AM9/19/12
to spinev-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to simulate the ROCSA experiment for recoupling CSA under magic-angle spinning. I keep getting the following error:

"Powder averaging is requested for an isotropic Hamiltonian".

Could you tell me what that means and what I should be doing?

Thanks,
Chitrak.

Mikhail Veshtort

Sep 19, 2012, 12:23:43 PM9/19/12
to spinev-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chitrak,

The program tells you that the Hamiltonian you specified for your simulation is isotropic. That means that it does not depend on the orientation of the molecule or crystallite. So there is nothing to powder average over. That would be like computing a powder average in a typical liquid-state experiment (where only chemical shifts and j-couplings are present).

Mikhail

Chitrak Gupta

Sep 19, 2012, 3:44:17 PM9/19/12
to spinev-...@googlegroups.com