Re: [Spine] Anyone try to use vanilla.js instead of jquery

Message has been deleted

Nathan Palmer

Jan 3, 2015, 3:35:17 PM1/3/15
to spi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Darrel,

vanilla.js isn't a framework or library at all. The site is half-joke/half-serious. It's talking about using just JavaScript without any libraries since most modern browsers are much better in this area than when jQuery was released. You'll notice when you go to customize the download that it's always 0 bytes (and the file is empty when you download.)

Nathan

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 1:45 AM, Darrel Bonner <rdarre...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just interested to find out if anyone has tried to use vanilla.js for DOM manipulation instead of using jQuery and what the results were. I don't have a specific need for vanilla.js but am interested in it since it claims to be faster and it allows you to customize what functionality is included in the js file it produces.

If not, I may take a look and try to get it to work. I'm worried that it will significantly change spine.js which I prefer not to do.

Darrel Bonner

Jan 3, 2015, 4:05:01 PM1/3/15
to spi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan,

That is funny; I can't believe I fell for it :)

I guess that's what happens when you focus on stated performance numbers and don't look too much into it.

Darrel