keyboard short cuts for spiel

Dennis Long

Jan 16, 2015, 12:52:11 PM1/16/15
to spiel
Hi, can someone please post a list of keyboard short cuts for spiel?

Peter Vágner

Jan 16, 2015, 1:22:43 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
You are insisting on having this properly answered so here is what is
currently implemented:
capslock is reffered to as spiel key.
Capslock + arrow keys emulate a D-pad doing similar actions like single
flick left / right / up / down.
capslock+right navigate forward
capslock+left navigate backward
capslock+up decrease granularity i.e. change from word to character
capslock+down increase granularity i.e. change from character to word
capslock+ctrl+right scroll forward
capslock+ctrl+left scrol backward
escape same as pressing the back button
capslock+escape same as pressing the home key
capslock+ctrl+up open notifications
capslock+ctrl+down start say all
capslock+b speak battery level
capslock+t speak current time

Greetings

Peter

Nolan Darilek

Jan 16, 2015, 2:01:50 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Peter, I was going to suggest that as an exercise for anyone
wanting more familiarity with the code. You beat me to it.

Drew Mochak

Jan 16, 2015, 2:40:07 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
That's really awesome given that most android keyboards don't have a
capslock.

Nolan Darilek

Jan 16, 2015, 2:48:38 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I haven't had a QWERTY phone since 2013, and didn't know any were
still being made. Based on my memory of them, I couldn't think of a
keyboard modifier that would do the job, so I built it for the external
bluetooth keyboard I use with my tablet.

What does TalkBack use?

Hareth alhamdany

Jan 16, 2015, 2:55:26 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nolan,
TB uses ctrl+alt.
best

Nolan Darilek

Jan 16, 2015, 2:58:01 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I may switch that over. Don't particularly care what the key
combination is, I just picked something that worked and facilitated
testing. :)

Dennis Long

Jan 16, 2015, 2:59:52 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
no your not correct. it's alt shift

Dennis Long

Jan 16, 2015, 3:00:53 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
alt shift.
Jan 16, 2015, 3:05:14 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
please do switch it to alt shift.
Jan 16, 2015, 3:13:57 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
I think they first used ctrl-shift, which was similarly problematic in
that android keyboards don't use ctrl. So after people like myself
complained about this they switched it to alt-shift. That's my
recollection, anyway. And you're right, android qwertys are insanely
rare--the only one I know of worth getting these days is the Galaxy
Relay, and even that's old (think S3, without LTE) These days I have a
oneplus and Rii mini bluetooth keyboard but I don't think it has a
capslock either. A lot of the bluetooth keyboards are stripped down in
order to make them smaller, to fit in pockets and the like.

Hareth alhamdany

Jan 16, 2015, 3:18:17 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
yes i just rechecked it.
it was ctrl+alt
and its been changed since jb4.3
I just rechecked the list i have,
didn't use an external one sense jb 4.1
and the list i have as below:

For the initial keyboard support these key combinations are supported
for Talkback:

> - ctrl-alt-right Move accessibility focus to the next element
> - ctrl-alt-left Move accessibility focus to the previous element
> - ctrl-alt-up Move accessibility focus to the first element
> - ctrl-alt-down Move accessibility focus to the last element
> - ctrl-alt-enter Click on the element with accessibility focus
> - ctrl-alt-h Global home gesture
> - ctrl-alt-backspace Global back gesture
> - ctrl-alt-n Open the notifications drawer
> - ctrl-alt-r Open the recent screen
> - ctrl-alt-z Suspend TalkBack (this was here previously)
and after they changed it:
The following keyboard shortcuts are available for devices running
Android 4.3 and above.
Action
Shortcut

Navigate between elements Alt + Shift + Arrows
Click focused element Alt + Shift + Enter
Back Alt + Shift + Backspace
Home Alt + Shift + h
Recent apps Alt + Shift + r
best.

Drew Mochak

Jan 16, 2015, 3:20:14 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Key word is initial. You're quoting the beta announcement, yes? They
changed it because android doesn't use control for anything (that I Know
of) so most phones with keyboards don't have it.

Hareth alhamdany

Jan 16, 2015, 3:22:07 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
BTW those i don't think they cover all hotkeys availeble.

Hareth alhamdany

Jan 16, 2015, 3:31:41 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
don't kno if it was beta or not,
I remember nead to use one of my usb keyboards so at that time googled for it,
and used the ctrl+alt as, i recall.
that was like 2 ore more years ago.
best

Dennis Long

Jan 16, 2015, 4:07:11 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
exactly it would be great if spiel could change this.

Hareth alhamdany

Jan 16, 2015, 4:14:50 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about the outdated info,
and thanks for the correction Dennis.
best regards

Cleverson Casarin Uliana

Jan 16, 2015, 4:40:36 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Do not forget Google's project Ara, which will allow people to build
smartphones from a multitude of components including physical qwerty
keyboards.

Cleverson

Felipe Nery Ibarra

Jan 16, 2015, 7:23:00 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nola:

please don't change the modifier key. At least allow the user to choose the preferred modifier key.
capslock key is more confortable to use than Alt+Shift on a Bluetooth keyboard or a PC Keyboard.

Cheers.
Felipe.

Drew Mochak

Jan 16, 2015, 8:53:55 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Actually, it'd be really neat to be able to set not only the modifier key but also make your own keyboard shortcuts to do whatever you want.

Drew Mochak

Jan 16, 2015, 9:33:42 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
I don't think project Ara is google, actually? I thought they were their
own thing. But yes I am watching that with some interest.

Dennis Long

Jan 16, 2015, 10:23:02 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com

I will build one with a keyboard. I am currenly using a captivate glide.

Dennis Long
Sent from my Android phone using Aqua Mail

Dennis Long

Jan 16, 2015, 10:23:49 PM1/16/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com

I agree.