spiel sorce code

Dennis

Mar 7, 2015, 9:01:13 PM3/7/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Hi, where can we find the spiel source to compile it?

Nolan Darilek

Mar 8, 2015, 11:20:12 AM3/8/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com

Kyle

Mar 8, 2015, 1:01:21 PM3/8/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Woe thanks! The git log looks more active than I originally thought. Now
how to build this amazing software? Looks like it's about time for a new
one.

BTW, although F-Droid isn't Google Play, if someone could submit the
source there, it may be helpful for those who have F-Droid to be able to
keep Spiel updated that way. If there are no objections, I'll at least
find out how to go about doing this.
Sent from my tennis shoes
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/

Hareth

Mar 8, 2015, 1:47:54 PM3/8/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kyle,
The URL is for a thread archive on this list web interface, it should
help you building it from source on arch,as described in one of the
replys:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/spielproject/2wfAYkrrsYk
Hope it helps.
Best

Dennis

Mar 8, 2015, 3:12:20 PM3/8/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
where can we get a list of the latest keyboard short cuts? thanks.

Juan Cadabón Gutiérrez

Mar 8, 2015, 4:59:38 PM3/8/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How can I get the source?
I'm using:

And I get:
C:\Users\usuario>git clone http://scm.thewordnerd.info//projects/spiel
Cloning into 'spiel'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://scm.thewordnerd.info//projects/spiel/': error:1
4077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
C:\Users\usuario>

And:

C:\Users\usuario>git clone g...@scm.thewordnerd.info:2222/projects/spiel
Cloning into 'spiel'...
ssh: connect to host scm.thewordnerd.info port 22: Bad file number
and the repository exists.
C:\Users\usuario>

What could be happening?

Nolan Darilek

Mar 9, 2015, 10:20:08 AM3/9/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Looking into this. My domains recently migrated to Cloudflare and, while
this works nicely in-browser, it fails via curl and other commands.
Seems like this might be an older OpenSSL but I'm not 100% certain. The
versions I have here appear to all be pre-Poodle and I'm wondering if
defaults changed between clients and servers that make negotiating a
handshake impossible.

If I can't figure it out in a few days then I'll migrate to a Github
organization. Finally got a chance to play with
https://github.com/jingweno/gh/ and it makes the whole experience of
using Github accessibly so much more pleasant.

Andre Polykanine

Mar 9, 2015, 6:18:33 PM3/9/15
to Nolan Darilek
Hello Nolan,

If you have any questions about Github and particularly about their
accessibility, please feel free to ask. If it isn't interesting for
others, please contact me directly.
I've been working with Github as an open-source contributor for quite a long
time. My Github account is here, btw:
https://github.com/Oire
But please note, I'm on Windows, so if you are not, I could answer
only platform-independent questions.

--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre

Kyle

Mar 9, 2015, 6:54:03 PM3/9/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
I've had better luck without CloudFlare than with it. Seems some major
enterprises use it, and even some VPS providers put their websites on
it, but when I tried, I got lots of errors and timeouts showing
CloudFlare pages, and I couldn't even make sense of my www logs anymore,
as every client was logged with a CloudFlare IP. And you're right, it
doesn't handle any traffic other than browser-generated connections well
either. I even tried using only their DNS, which has their rather unique
automatic ttl setting, but they have made it quite a bit less than
accessible, so that is pretty much out for me as well. I'm just using
direct connections now with my nameservers set to my provider's DNS,
which is pretty fast and allows for a 60-second ttl in case a rapid
migration is necessary or for round robin entries with moving targets.

Considering the issues you're having, migrating to a Github organization
may be the best thing, as it will give the project even better
visibility and invite more developers, especially if the repository has
a minimal amount of downtime as it will on Github. Of course,
self-hosted is always best when it works, but sometimes Github has its
advantages. Just my $0.0175.
Sent from my elevator

Nolan Darilek

Mar 10, 2015, 10:32:51 AM3/10/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Cool, thanks. I'm on Windows as well. I don't have any current issues as
such, but Github and others have been known to change features that
alter accessibility from time to time, and I'm nervous about tying my
workflow to something that might be inaccessible tomorrow, or that might
break in the future and leave me stuck. I used to think Bitbucket
accessibility was great, so I set up a former client's infrastructure on
it. Now I can't leave the team I had no problems creating because
nothing I do brings up the Leave Team button, and it's annoying.

So in summary, self-hosting is a pain, but the likelihood that
CGit/Redmine/other tools I've used will break accessibility
significantly, or that I can't downgrade to a working version if they
do, is very low. I'm actively researching this Cloudflare issue now, so
there will be resolution soon.

Nolan Darilek

Mar 10, 2015, 10:38:59 AM3/10/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. What's especially annoying is that all the research I've done
suggests that the fix is to update OpenSSL, TLS, and a bunch of other
security/infrastructure-related libraries that should probably be kept
up-to-date anyway to work with these Cloudflare certs. And indeed, I
just span up an Ubuntu 14.10 VM that has no trouble cloning the
repository while a 14.04 VM does. Likewise, my main Windows desktop
won't clone it because it's stuck on Git 1.9.something and an old
OpenSSL. I made this switch because I was tired of renewing certs, and
StartSSL's free service has arbitrarily denied my requests a number of
times. Now I'm thinking this is more trouble than the problem I tried to
solve.

The IP issue can be resolved by forwarding the appropriate headers to
your proxies. Their web interface is unfortunately inaccessible, but is
workable with a bit of focus-routing and use of ping to detect if you've
enabled CF protection. Still though, frustrating nonetheless.

Andre Polykanine

Mar 10, 2015, 10:46:59 AM3/10/15
to Nolan Darilek
Hello Nolan,

Actually, Github have a good accessibility team, they are very
responsive. For instance, they made accessible line commenting by my
request, and I'm very grateful to them for it.
As for Bitbucket, I couldn't find out how to send a simple pull
request, so I gave up with their new horrible interface.

--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre
Skype: Francophile
Twitter: @m_elensule; Facebook: menelion
My blog: http://menelion.oire.org/

Mar 10, 2015, 6:47:53 PM3/10/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to add that while I don't know anyone from github's
accessibility team personally, I do know people who could introduce me
and I've bumped shoulders with a few of their people at meetups and
things. So at the very least I'm sure I can bring any issues you have to
their attention if they aren't responsive to you.

On 3/10/2015 7:46 AM, Andre Polykanine wrote:
> Hello Nolan,

Robbie Murray

Apr 1, 2015, 1:30:08 PM4/1/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I have managed to clone the repository, but only by setting GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY=true.  without that, git complains that the certificate domain doesn't match as the certificate is for www.thewordnerd.info.

Once cloned, it is possible to disable verification just for the spiel repository with

git config http.sslVerify "false"

Regards

Robbie