Plugin system

Peter Vágner

Jan 14, 2015, 6:52:41 AM1/14/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Recently I received a tip on twitter which might be implemented as a
spiel plugin so I have decided to try understanding how the plugin
system is currently implemented in spiel.
The single tap plugin serves as a nice example and thanks for bundling
it with spiel. It is possible to receive and process the system events
from within the plugin.
The single tap plugin is enabled by default with new installs of spiel
as I was able to discover by browsing into the spiel settings. It means
after locating an entry on the screen we can either activate it by
double tapping on the screen or we can also activate it by a single
tapping on the exact entry position only once to activate.
The settings activity currently has an issue that it is not yet possible
to uncheck a plugin and save that setting. Is this know and can anyone
verify this?
I think for potential novice developers it would be verry interesting to
be able to try creating experimental plugins that can be turned off
without potentially breaking spiel core functionality.
I'll try to explore this further in upcoming days whether I will be able
to get something usefull out of it.

Thanks and greetings

Peter

Peter Vágner

Jan 14, 2015, 8:06:07 AM1/14/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have just discovered the same applies to notification filters meaning
checkboxes in the list can be toggled and after clicking OK button an
empty list is displayed without updated values being saved.
I am already trying looking into it but I can't figure it out.

Greetings

Peter

Hareth alhamdany

Jan 14, 2015, 8:34:39 AM1/14/15
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
you may find project, mentioned, in this eyesfree list thread intrsting,
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/eyes-free/cBB_zUyj3jk
my best.