A couple suggestions

Piotr Machacz

Sep 29, 2013, 11:51:01 AM9/29/13
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have a few ideas that I think would make spiel more useful then it already is. Especially the second one makes me still come back to Talkback, but if it would get resolved I think I'd probably switch.
The first, and much less important suggestion is that Spiel needs ear cons. If you use a slower TTs that doesn't respond fast enough, like, say, the google engine or acapela, it's very easy to skip on-screen controls. I realise we have haptic feedback, but I don't like my device vibrating every half a second, which also is quite a drain on the battery I'd imagine. I'm not thinking anything fancy, just a suddle click when you touch a control would be enough. If you need help with sounds, I can probably help.
The second problem, I'm not sure how hard would it be to fix. I can see why some people might like how it is now, but for me it just slows most things down. Basically, Spiel is incredibly detailed with showing you screen content. EG if you have a list item that's a checkbox which also has a description, Talkback treats it as a single on-screen element. Spiel shows 3, the label, the description, and the checkbox. This means that it takes 3 flicks to get passed such an option, and if you explore it's very hard to read what it says, because these 3 items are very tiny and you will either miss something, or speech will keep interrupting itself because you go from one item to another.
Thanks for reading, and keep up the great work.

Dennis Long

Sep 29, 2013, 11:56:11 AM9/29/13
to spielp...@googlegroups.com
has there been a build out recently? I look forward to it being developed
more I really enjoy the product.