Santa Claus is Dead -- But Internet Marketing Get Rich Scams Aren't

Paul Marshall

Nov 10, 2009, 2:00:05 PM11/10/09
to Spider-Sear...@googlegroups.com

A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Paul Marshall

Article Title:
Santa Claus is Dead -- But Internet Marketing Get Rich Scams Aren't

Article Description:
Guard your wallet when Internet marketing scammers tell you
how easy online wealth is. All you need is to download their
secrets for $100s to $1,000s. Internet marketing isn't
really that hard when performed effectively, but it also
isn't as easy as the scammers try to convince you.

Additional Article Information:
===============================

Distribution Date and Time: 2009-11-10 13:00:00

Written By: Paul Marshall
Copyright: 2009
Contact Email: mailto:paul.m...@thephantomwriters.com

Paul Marshall's Picture URL:
http://strategicwebmarketing.net/images/marshall.jpg

For more free-reprint articles by Paul Marshall, please visit:
http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/paul-marshall.html

Versions Of Article Are Available at:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/m/marketing-coach.shtml#get_code

Santa Claus is Dead -- But Internet Marketing Get Rich Scams Aren't
Copyright (c) 2009 Paul Marshall
Strategic Web Marketing Net
http://strategicwebmarketing.net/

Yes, Santa Claus IS really dead. Sorry for the news. And you
might want to keep the kids from looking over your shoulder here
for the next few minutes. :-)

As an Internet Marketing Coach, I hear all the time from new
clients how they've wasted hundreds to thousands on Internet
get-rich-quick schemes before coming to me.

Desperation and inexperience are the breading grounds that allow
these scammers to prey.

Just this last week, one of my colleagues replied to a guy on a
forum who wanted to start earning $5,000 each month -- oh, and
within the next 30 days. And he had $80.00 to invest, a whole
eighty dollars!

I'm sure the guy is nice, but he also sounds desperate. How is
anyone going to start earning literally thousands of dollars a
month within 30 days on just an $80.00 investment?

Isn't this scenario as realistic as saying ALL the employees at
your local fast food restaurant earn $100,000 per year?

Yes, Saint Nick is gone and did I mention that The Tooth Fairly
is on life support?

Let's get real.

Are You Real about Internet Earnings and the Business Costs
Required?

Back to my big spender above who has just $80.00 to
invest...where did he get the idea he could be a successful
Internet marketer on an $80.00 investment?

My guess is he probably got that idea from some forum.

And that may bring up a good point: are you likely to get good
advice going to forums?

Me personally, I'm too busy to participate in forums. Although
to be fair, I do have successful SEO (search engine optimization)
colleagues who do. But while you could encounter a talented
person to give you -- free advice -- on a forum, my best advice
to you is you are more likely to encounter people with -- free
time.

If they have so much free time to participate in forums, how busy
are they with paid work?

And about free advice...how many people do you personally know
who work for free? How would they pay their bills?

Do YOU work for free now?

Are you going to be working for free with your online enterprise?
If you're not, then why should someone else?

If you want to earn $100,000 per year form your Internet
business, do you want your advice coming from someone offering
free advice OR only charging $20.00 per hour?

OK, You've Got Some Money to Invest in Your Internet Business,
What's Your Next Step?

Well, protect it and spend it carefully! Watch out for "blue
sky" promises of anything that sounds too good to be true.

Compared to conventional advertising and marketing, you don't
need that much money to market online. But you do need some.

You need money for a Web site and you need some for marketing,
likely PPC (pay-per-click) and SEO.

The more cash you have to invest, the less time you have to
invest. You can hire an Internet Marketing Company to perform
much of the work for you.

OR, the less money you have, the more of your time that will be
required. This can be a very good time to considering hiring an
Internet Marketing Coach, to save you money and speed up the
timetable for you to earn income.

The problem is the people with no money to invest OR with
unrealistic expectations are the ones who fall prey to the
Internet marketing scammers. Often, these are the same people who
don't have the skills to do any of the work themselves or the
desire to develop the required skills (sigh).

An Example of what To Do...and what NOT To Do

Consider another one of my clients who paid $1,000 for a
well-known Internet marketing program. My client was told all
sorts of inconsistent things, including that the course was for
people new to online marketing, which that wasn't the case.

And he was told to market something online that he didn't know
anything about or have any particular interest in.

Huh??

How does THAT make any sense?

But at that moment, that was what he wanted to hear, because it
was easy and didn't require much effort or time from him.

Here's the real deal: there are dozens, hundreds or thousands of
people and companies marketing the same or similar product or
service to yours. You have to do it BETTER.

That requires time and effort. It requires making an effort and
using one's brain.

And this is where a qualified Marketing Coach or a Search Engine
Optimization Firm can help you.

If you select well, the money you spend you will more than save
in increased profits, much faster and avoiding the potholes and
pitfalls that come with Internet marketing. Those pitfalls can be
very expensive (and time consuming).

And there are actually Internet Marketing Coaches you can begin
with for only a few hundred dollars, which could be money very
well spent. :-)

Marketing online since 2004, Paul Marshall can help you market
on a budget. You can learn about his affordable Internet
Marketing Consulting Services (and d-i-y Coaching) on his home
page: http://strategicwebmarketing.net/ You can learn more
about Paul on his LinkedIn profile page:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulmarshallwebmarketing and at
Strategic Web Marketing.net.

--- END ARTICLE ---

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/m/marketing-coach.shtml#get_code

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
(Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

*** Digital Reprint Rights ***

Hyperlinks (clickable links).

within the article.

*** Author Notification ***

or her work. Paul Marshall can be reached at:
paul.m...@thephantomwriters.com

for Print Permission at:
mailto:paul.m...@thephantomwriters.com

*
*
* Spider-Sear...@googlegroups.com
*

ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

are owned and operated by:

Bill Platt
3010 E Raintree
Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

and opinion of its author, Paul Marshall
http://strategicwebmarketing.net/