Improving search results

Jaahanavee Sikri

Nov 30, 2021, 1:10:27 PM11/30/21
to sphinx-users
Hello,

I handle the documentation related tasks for my company. One issue that has been open for quite a while has to do with how the search results are displayed.

search result.png
For the above image the search term is $zut. In our documentation $ZUT is a sub-section (with an anchor). The first search result should directly point to that sub-section and not to the page that contains the sub-section. I have looked into the files that perform indexing and the actual search, but I don't know how to proceed further.

How can I go ahead with improving the search functionality (if that's where the issue lies)?

Thank you.
Regards,
Jaahanavee Sikri