inquiry | transifex and extensions

James Knight

Nov 19, 2021, 5:08:44 PM11/19/21
to sphinx-users
I help maintain a third-party extension and started to look into improving i8n support. While the implementation is in a near-ready state to support other languages, I was curious on the best way to manage translation content. Trying to follow Sphinx's way of things, I am hoping to use the Transifex service as well.

While Transifex does support open source packages, it appears that only a single organization can be created per account. And while I could make an account focused on the specific extension being made, I was wondering about the possibility of sharing organizations with other Sphinx i8n maintainers.

I am curious to know if there is interest to allow (open source) third-party extensions of Sphinx to be projects under the Sphinx organization [1] on Transifex.

No worries if this is not preferred. If there is a preference to only focus on Sphinx official projects in the Sphinx organization on Transifex, pondering the idea of having a sphinx-contrib organization where these extensions could work together (if desired).