A level-1 section spanning several HTML pages

Jonathan Sachs

Jun 9, 2021, 1:47:36 PM6/9/21
to sphinx-users

I'm producing a large HTML document in Sphinx. I need a way to make a single level-1 section span several pages.

Here's some background: The document will be quite large; my SWAG is 500k words plus a hundred or so images. The outline has nine level-1 sections. Some of those sections will be small to mid-size, and the remaining ones will be huge, making navigation difficult.

Also, several of the level-1 sections are organized so that any particular user is likely to be interested in only one of its subsections. User's won't tolerate having to load a whole section in one huge page. They will demand to have one short page for the section's introduction and a longer page for each subsection. How can I get that?