Built-in search: is it broken?

Tom Diaz

Mar 19, 2024, 12:27:22 PMMar 19
to sphinx-users
I am trying to get the built-in search to work with the recent Sphinx releases, meaning ≥ release 4.5.

When I try it with my existing documentation, I get no hits at all for any search term, making it appear that no index is being generated.

What recent releases are people using successfully, and with which Sphinx themes?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Tom Diaz

Apr 3, 2024, 11:44:45 AMApr 3
to sphinx-users
No!  It's not.  The latest versions of Sphinx and sphinx_rtd_theme work together including with working search.  At present this means sphinx==7.2.6  and sphinx-rtd-theme==2.0.0.

I traced my problem with search to some local customizations of sphinx_rtd_theme that had been bequeathed to me.

Tom