hi all !

yashoda saisree

Jul 13, 2021, 4:22:47 AM7/13/21
to sphinx-users
I am new to sphinx documentation. I am trying to do one today. I am successfully able to create build folder but when i tried to give 'make html' it pops this error-

C:\Users\Z0049YKJ\build> make html
Running Sphinx v4.1.0

Extension error:
Could not import extension sphinx.builders.epub3 (exception: cannot import name 'RemovedInSphinx40Warning' from 'sphinx.deprecation' (c:\users\z0049ykj\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\sphinx\deprecation.py))

Its kind of important in this moment, can anyone help me solve this

jfbu

Jul 13, 2021, 6:27:41 AM7/13/21
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Hi this seems to be same issue as reported by Luc earlier on this:

> On 13.07.21 00:40, jfbu wrote:
>> pip install -U sphinxcontrib.serializinghtml
>>>
>>> and perhaps same with sphinxcontrib.htmlhelp as I see I updated both
>>> on June 13
>>>

> Yes, this fixed my problems. Great! Thanks!
>
> Luc

Try thus (I don't recall the conda syntax) to use conda to update both of sphinxcontrib.serializinghtml and sphinxcontrib.htmlhelp

Neil Muller

Jul 13, 2021, 6:50:56 AM7/13/21
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 at 10:22, yashoda saisree <saisree...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to sphinx documentation. I am trying to do one today. I am successfully able to create build folder but when i tried to give 'make html' it pops this error-
>
> C:\Users\Z0049YKJ\build> make html
> Running Sphinx v4.1.0
>
> Extension error:
> Could not import extension sphinx.builders.epub3 (exception: cannot import name 'RemovedInSphinx40Warning' from 'sphinx.deprecation' (c:\users\z0049ykj\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\sphinx\deprecation.py))

This is an issue with the 4.1 release - see
https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/issues/9434 .

Upgrading the sphinxcontrib packages, as described in
https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/issues/9434#issuecomment-878220474
should solve this.

--
Neil Muller