Can Sphinx be used to pull annotations from SSIS dtsx files (xml)

Mark Strickland

Sep 28, 2022, 11:12:18 AMSep 28
to sphinx-users
I am trying to determine a way to pull documentation from a SSIS package.  The SSIS files are stored in a XML file.  Below is how the Annotation is stored in the file.

        <AnnotationLayout
          Text="This is a test of the Annotation function"
          ParentId="Package\Extract Sample Currency Data"
          FontInfo="{assembly:Null}"
          Size="238,60"
          Id="4e65a215-af3e-47ec-be51-666d2b1ef08e"
          TopLeft="270,116" />

I have also attached the SSIS file so it is easier to review the information included.

I would love to be able to include more than just the Annotation from the dtsx file.

Any advice, hints or links would be greatly appreciated.
Lesson 1A.dtsx

Doug Hellmann

Sep 28, 2022, 6:15:05 PMSep 28
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com