Hosting Sphinx Documentation on GitHub Pages from a Submodule

Adam Horvath

Jan 31, 2024, 4:10:32 AMJan 31
to sphinx-users

Hello Sphinx Community,

I'm currently facing a challenge regarding hosting Sphinx documentation on GitHub Pages from a submodule. Here's the scenario: I have a GitHub repository named "docs" that houses multiple documentations, which I'm successfully hosting on GitHub Pages. Within this repository, there's a submodule containing a Python API, and its documentation is generated using Sphinx.

My goal is to include the Sphinx documentation from the submodule in the main "docs" repository's GitHub Pages. While I can host the Sphinx documentation on pages within its own repository, I encounter a "Page Not Found 404" error when attempting to link it to the main module.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or found a solution? I'd greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions on how to resolve this challenge.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!