Officially supported versioning extension for Sphinx?

Elliott Ridgway

Aug 15, 2022, 12:03:39 PM8/15/22
to sphinx-users
I'm looking for an extension to Sphinx that supports tabbing between multiple released versions of documentation (see the little "v:stable" popup menu in the bottom-left of the h5py docs as an example). I started out with sphinx-versions, but ran into a lot of dependency issues using the latest version of Sphinx, since the extension hasn't been updated since 2019, and the problems I'm running into have already been reported by other users. Evidently the original author is no longer interested in maintaining it, and sphinx-versions is a fork of an even older extension that hasn't been officially tagged since 2016.

I'm thinking about using sphinx-multiversion instead, as it seems to be the one that's been most recently active, but I don't want to get myself in a situation where I become dependent on something that is going to sputter out like the others.

Is there some officially supported / more heavily supported extension for doing documentation versioning that does something similar to what all of the previously-mentioned extensions are trying to do? Or is there a clear best out of the previous three I mentioned?

Ibrar Ch

Aug 15, 2022, 1:41:44 PM8/15/22
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
$ 500 on manth pa agree ibrar...@gmail.com