Link to source page (viewcode generated) from withing text

Oriol Abril Pla

Jun 18, 2021, 12:43:26 PM6/18/21
to sphinx-users

Hi everyone,

I use the viewcode extension to add the [source] link in API pages which is great, but I would also like to manually link directly to the source from several points of the developer guide. Is that possible? If so how? Or is this somehow a bad idea?

I have been browsing docs, stackoverflow and github issues for a while without any luck. I was imagining some custom role like :source:`module.function` or :code:func:`module.function` would be possible.

Best,
Oriol

Komiya Takeshi

Jun 20, 2021, 12:32:23 PM6/20/21
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

At present, there are no such features. IMO, it would be nice if
somebody will improve the extension :-)

Thanks,
Takeshi KOMIYA