Error: override config setting 'html_add_permalinks' with unsupported type

Leigh Fletcher

Oct 9, 2021, 6:11:35 AM10/9/21
to sphinx-users
Hello All,

I'm using Sphinx v4.1.2 with Jupyter-Book v0.11.2 to generate a book, with a config.yml file included below.  I'm receiving the following warning, which is preventing a compilation of the book using the xelatex engine.  I wondered if anyone has a workaround?

WARNING: cannot override config setting 'html_add_permalinks' with unsupported type, ignoring

Suggestions are very welcome!

Contents of config.yml:

# Force re-execution of notebooks on each build.

# See https://jupyterbook.org/content/execute.html

execute:

  execute_notebooks: force

only_build_toc_files: true

# HTML-specific settings

html:

  home_page_in_navbar: false

  use_issues_button: false

  use_repository_button: false

# Interact link settings

notebook_interface            : "notebook"

# Launch button settings

repository:

  url: https://github.com/executablebooks/jupyter-book  # Online location of your book

  branch: master  # Which branch of the repository should be used when creating links (optional)

binder:

  binderhub_url               : "https://mybinder.org"

  text                        : "Launch binder"

latex:

  latex_engine                : "xelatex"

  latex_documents:

    targetname: book.tex

# Add a bibtex file so that we can create citations

#bibtex_bibfiles:

#  - references.bib

parse:

  myst_enable_extensions:

    # don't forget to list any other extensions you want enabled,

    # including those that are enabled by default!

    - amsmath

    - dollarmath

    - html_image

myst_dmath_double_inline: True

number_equations: true

sphinx:

  config:

    mathjax_path: https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/mathjax@3/es5/tex-mml-chtml.js

Nayeli Luis Vargas

Nov 7, 2021, 9:03:59 PM11/7/21
to sphinx-users
Hi Leigh
Did you manage to solve the problem?
I have the same and I don't know what can I do. My margin admonitions don't appear correctly, and my figures aren't centered.

I also have this message when I build my book:

building [html]: targets for 13 source files that are out of date

My jupyter-book version:

(base) geomicrobio@geomicrobio-mac --- % jupyter-book --version

Jupyter Book      : 0.11.2

External ToC      : 0.2.3

MyST-Parser       : 0.13.7

MyST-NB           : 0.12.3

Sphinx Book Theme : 0.1.2

Jupyter-Cache     : 0.4.3

NbClient          : 0.5.3

and this is my yaml:

title: Genómica computacional. Manual de bioinformática.

author: Nayeli Luis y Marisol Navarro

logo: images/bioinformatics3.png

execute:

  execute_notebooks: force