Sphinx generated pdf documents

Jan Pleskac

Jul 7, 2021, 7:09:58 AM7/7/21
to sphinx-users
Hi,

for our project in chip design industry we would like to have sphinx based documentation and do docs as code. Sphinx and extensions ecosystem looks as a good candidate and other projects in our domain use sphinx, but not exactly how we need/want. Not aware of ready made solution.

The idea is simple - separate content and structure.
We need design specification document, verification plan, datasheet and similar type of doc traditionally required in chip design space.

Would you recommend rst2pdf or rather develop pure LaTeX templates a use in sphinx?

Both HTML and PDFs make sense for us so it is why I'd like to do .rst / sphinx as input, no starting with docs at latex level which might be seen as an alternative.

BTW, looking for help with overall doc system setup.

Best regards,
Jan