Properties of a class are visually mixed in 4+ version (html)

Ievgenii Borodii

Nov 15, 2022, 5:32:21 AM11/15/22
to sphinx-users
Hi! I faced an annoying visual problem with sphinx-apidoc when generation html documentation

Starting from 4.0.0.b1 and later, it seems that sphinx is trying to fit as many items into the available body width as possible. It creates a visual noise (please see 400b1.png)

in 3.5.4 it was OK, there is always 1 property in the row (please see 354.png)

No local changes, it's definitely some changes done with default settings for 4.0.0.
Though I cannot find which one, despite studying the changelog or guessing. I am using sphinx-rtd-theme

Could anyone please help how can I restore the initial behavior to have 1 property in a row and don't let sphinx take all the "free" width with other properties?
400b1.png
354.png