Todo: Add real docs for Documenter and subclassing (autodoc)

igo...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2021, 3:47:12 PM3/5/21
to sphin...@googlegroups.com
I recently wanted to create an autodoc enhancement for my project.
(using the Sphinx.add_autodocumenter function)

I saw that there is a TODO tag for Sphinx.add_autodocumenter API
reference.

Since I had to reverse engineer the autodoc extension anyway for my
project I think I can write a documentation page for extending the
autodoc.

It probably should be a separated page under "Extending Sphinx" section.

Komiya Takeshi

Mar 6, 2021, 8:01:12 AM3/6/21
to sphin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

That sounds great! It must be helpful to Sphinx developers. Please
post a pull request for us. I'll welcome your contribution!

Thanks,
Takeshi KOMIYA