NERDTree Can't Open Directories. Shows : ~V

Jc Connell

Apr 5, 2016, 3:23:46 PM4/5/16
to spf13-vim-discuss
Hello,

I'm running Ubuntu Server 15.10. I SSH into the server from multiple machines (OSX, Windows, Linux).

I freshly installed spf13 last night with the interest of getting better with vim. However, NERDTree directories show ~V. I can't open them in any way or otherwise navigate them.

I've attempted some of the locale fixes mentioned elsewhere on the net but then Rails and Postgresql complain about locale issues. After attempting those fixes, I reverted to a snapshot I made before attempting them, so I'm back in a freshly installed state.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?