I'd like to add some new features...

fshe...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2019, 10:19:46 AM1/2/19
to spek-users
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I'd like to add the following features:

1) when mousing over graphic, show a floating "tooltip" with 1) time (in seconds and samples), 2) frequency (Hz and musically), and 3) intensity (dB)

2) support zoom-in and zoom-out (done very simply, no scrollbars, just click to zoom in at cursor position, shift-click to zoom back out.)

3) CSV output format

Any reasons I shouldn't/can't/wouldn't want to do this?  (For instance does this package have no more users, has everyone shifted to some other package with the above functionality, etc.?)

I've downloaded the package on Windows.  Clearly you weren't using Visual Studio; what development environment should I download for this?

I've done lots of GUI programming, starting with writing the changes for Athena widgets for X11R5 and Motif, then lots of Motif coding in industry, writing widgets for Windows and X-Windows.  I'm 90% a Unix/Linux guy, but I haven't worked on free software like this for a long time so I'll probably have stupid questions in just getting a first build before I change anything.  Once I get actually programming I should be fine.

Regards,
Frank