Please please please, give it a logarithmic frequency scale setting.

Jeroen van Eijk

Nov 5, 2019, 6:48:52 PM11/5/19
to spek-users
Hi folks,

Spek works very well, EXCEPT for the frequency scale, which is linear, which makes it quite useless as a full range spectrogram...
As it is now, you can only see what's going in the highest frequencies.
The resolution of the low regions is nearly non existent.
All of the bass region is displayed in a row of a hand full of pixels at the bottom.
And that's a shame.

So please, can anyone give this application (a setting for) a logarithmic frequency scale ?

I've seen request for a logarithmic frequency scale from up to 9 years ago, but apparently it is difficult to do?
So i opened this topic to ask for it again, hoping someone can make it happen.
I'm just a end user without coding skills, so i can only put the request out here again.

BR,
J.

Nicholas Field

Jan 3, 2020, 12:47:31 PM1/3/20
to spek-users
Hello,

I have just found Spek and absolutely agree with this point - it is a great, really functional tool, except for the frequency scale.  An option for a log scale would be very useful.  Also useful (but less important) would be an octave scale tuned to standard middle C.

If anyone can help with either of these I am sure a lot of users would appreciate!

Thanks,

Nick