Off the wall question

Johnny Ray Gable

May 31, 2019, 5:50:26 PM5/31/19
to spek-users
Off the wall because my question deals more specifically with Mixcraft 8 but it does relate to spek.

So today I first used spek. I tested it with all my song files, even though most were at 320 kbps. I saw slight changes between my .wav format to my .flac format and .mp3 formats. The changes were very slight, but when I took a song, for example, Runaway by Del Shannon, it was filled to the top with the blue, with the green showing variable sound. Because Runaway was released in 1961 and passed along generations, it's safe to assume it meets criteria for good quality.

My songs, on the other hand, recorded in 2012, don't carry the same weight. I have decided that it's best to redo my entire album. The real issue is this; Mixcraft 8 has only 1 spectrum analysis plugin but isn't as straightforward as spek. Is there any plugin for Mixcraft 8 that is either similar to spek, or can spek be added as a plugin?

All help is much appreciated.