Automate based on result

A to the B

Jul 29, 2015, 3:51:24 AM7/29/15
to spek-users
I have folders of MP3s of varying bitrates and even though some claim to be 320kbps, it is obvious some of them have been upscaled from 128 or 160.

I would be great if this app had the ability to read an entire folder of audio files, check it's 'real' kbps output, and then move into a relevant folder.

For example;

0-128kpbs
128-160kbps
160-192kbps
192-256kbps
256-320kbps
320kbps+

A to the B

Jul 29, 2015, 3:53:45 AM7/29/15
to spek-users, coli...@gmail.com
In a somewhat repsonse to my own post, I just came across this app.

Strive for Quality

Along side with eliminating musical doubles, Similarity also provides the advanced quality control function. Really, who wants a collection full of low-bitrate music, badly remastered compositions and songs full of noises?

Similarity - Analysis

Similarity analyzes files and calculates a quality score basing on various technical parameters of that record, such as: bitrate, frequency, amplitude cut value, amplitude average value, amplitude maximum and many others. The program automatically detects all common problems with audio files and assigns a corresponding quality mark to each file. A quick sort – and you’ve got files with the highest quality at the top and files you can delete without doubts at the bottom.

Aron Curzon

Nov 16, 2015, 9:45:10 PM11/16/15
to spek-users
Check out mediainfo, it can dump the samplerate, bitrate, etc

pa...@galloween.net

Apr 28, 2016, 11:16:56 AM4/28/16
to spek-users, coli...@gmail.com
Thanks a lot for pointing out this application. I have the same need - analyse a huge collection of mp3s and get rid of the low quality files. However, I found out Similarity does a very job at spectogram analysis. Its often very much off the point...
How is your experience with Similarity?

Aytek Dorken

Jan 20, 2020, 1:29:02 PM1/20/20
to spek-users
Looking exactly for the same thing. Did you happen to find an easy way to batch detect upscaled 320kbps files with any app?