The End of the Affair

richt...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2007, 4:54:11 PM11/7/07
to Readers Anonymous
Early on there is a line that Bendrix says "as long as no one but
myself is hurt." It's an interesting line to focus on and captures
the opening of the book. In the narrators heart of hearts this is
probably a very true line or something that he believes in no matter
how much he talks of all the ill that he wishes done on Sarah.

In my heart of hearts, I want to believe him. That he wants that
sweet pain so much and hopes that by figuring that she is with
somebody else that this will cause some sort of pain overload and he
won't feel anything towards Sarah again.

However, Bendrix has also proved to be a jealous man and that line
also echoes that he truly does want to see justice brought to this
woman who has strung him along along with her husband.

betsy....@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2007, 4:38:48 PM11/11/07
to Readers Anonymous
So I voted for the book and had been looking forward to reading it.
Then I signed up for the GRE and have been saturating my brain with
*gasp* math. So I haven't picked up the book or started reading as I
intended.

Sorry.