Book for September

10lees

Aug 10, 2007, 12:07:00 PM8/10/07
to Readers Anonymous
I know this is earlier than usual, but I wanted to get this up and get
it done with long before we have to locate the book. Locating the
book has proven rather difficult at times, and if you nominate books
which are recently released (ie not available used, in paperback, or
in the library).

So nominate now! Feel free to nominate past nominees too...

richt...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2007, 3:13:49 PM8/14/07
to Readers Anonymous
K, I have one for next month...

Tolstoy Lied: A Love Story by Rachel Kadish

available in paperback!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780618919833&itm=2

Lauren Snyder

Aug 16, 2007, 2:19:57 PM8/16/07
to Readers Anonymous
Hi there! I just joined up, but would like to suggest Philip K. Dick's
DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP? It's been on my TBR pile for a
long time and it would be cool to read and discuss with you all.

10lees

Aug 25, 2007, 4:01:25 PM8/25/07
to Readers Anonymous
OK! Poll is up and choices are:

Tolstoy Lied: A Love Story by Rachel Kadish

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780618919833&itm=2
(only out in paperback in Sept 2007)

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick and Roger
Zelazny
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780345404473&itm=1
(written 1968)

The Dispossessed by Ursula Le Guin
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780061054884&itm=1

I apologize that two of the choices are SciFi for you non Sci Fi fans
(Dr G), but vote how you will here:
http://g1z.pollhost.com/

Choice made by Wednesday evening - then the choice will be announced!

10lees

Aug 28, 2007, 2:11:01 PM8/28/07
to Readers Anonymous
Ok Peeps, one more day of voting - so get your vote on!

10lees

Aug 29, 2007, 12:12:23 PM8/29/07
to Readers Anonymous
AND THE WINNER IS:

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick and Roger
Zelazny

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9...

Look it up at your library or local bookstore!

We start this weekend, Powells here I come!

rhett butler

Aug 29, 2007, 12:28:37 PM8/29/07
to 10lees, Readers Anonymous
don't be spooked if the title is "Blade Runner".  They based Harrison Ford movie on the novel.

- Leonardo Da Vinci