doubt in using face and face'

aradhyaprateek

May 18, 2012, 7:21:22 AM5/18/12
to SpeedcubingIndia
I have a small doubt in f2l in many sites i have seen f2l algorithams
are being used by some change in directions like y and y' i use
instead of changing directions i am keeping cube in only my face side
and using face and face' instead of y and y'

I have read in a site that
using face and face' will slow down the speed and it is better to have
y and y' is it true? I feel comfortable with face and face' will it
really slow down the speed

Girish Ganesan

May 19, 2012, 10:26:58 AM5/19/12
to speedcub...@googlegroups.com
Not very clear about your problem, could you please correct your English? At least add a bit of punctuation. But i'll give it a go with what i understand. Is your question this? "Will doing face turns affect my speed of solving the F2L? " Cause i do not understand what you mean by face and face' .
 Well actually, there are no "faster" or "slower" algorithms. It doesn't matter if you use "body turns" during algos, if you're not comfortable with them, try rewriting the algos to suit you :)

hope it helped :)

try looking at these algos, they're the original and IMHO the best : http://ws2.binghamton.edu/fridrich/Mike/middle.html

Girish Ganesan R