Virustotal reports malicious software

Jim Heath

Dec 9, 2021, 1:22:38 PM12/9/21
to speedcrunch
I checked the current installer for Speedcrunch 0.12 for Windows and Virustotal reports it contains malicious software. This may be a false alarm but can someone look into this please?

Thanks!

Frédéric Da Vitoria

Dec 10, 2021, 10:50:57 AM12/10/21
to speedcrunch
My Kaspersky antivirus had no reaction to the installer, and virusscan.jotti.org/ found no virus either.

Anyhow, I looked at the report, on all the tools which VirusTotal uses, only one (SecureAge APEX) of more than 60 tools reported something wrong, and without saying what it found. "Malicious" could mean a virus, a spyware...

I think you should send the SpeedCrunch installer to virus total, this is most probably a false positive.