Is there a way to reevaluate / replay previously entered expressions? Like a spreadsheet

riki

Jul 30, 2018, 1:22:03 PM7/30/18
to speedcrunch
Hi,

In short: is there a way to save the current history, and then being able to change variables, so everything is evaluated again?

Maybe that's a little confusing, so let me elaborate:

I define a sort of process through many steps, each step being one expression that I enter into speedcrunch.
At first I define a few variables, and then I type out some "user-functions", and then I keep applying some operations (each one in a new line).

Simple, sorta stupid, example to get the point across:

x=5
f1(x;y) = x+y*0.5
f1(1;2)
ans+3
f1(ans; 5)

Now the point is that I not only get the final result, but that I can also see all their intermediate steps and their results.

So far all of that can be done, and works fine, but when I want to change one of the initial variables (assume lots more than just one in this example), I'd like to see all the steps being re-evaluated again along with their results.

Is there a way to do this? Changing a variable, then re-running the whole history again (of course it would be much preferrable if one could select a specific region that gets "replayed" instead of the whole history)

I thought maybe I could edit a variable in the variables window, and that'd do it, but the only way to reassign something is to overwrite it again, and that doesn't replay everything so far.

Is anything regarding that planned maybe?

Helder Correia

Jul 30, 2018, 1:23:58 PM7/30/18
to speed...@googlegroups.com
I believe this is what you have described:

Jul 30, 2018, 1:02 AM by felh...@gmail.com: