Small change of plans on 0.8 release

Helder Correia

Jun 19, 2007, 2:38:52 PM6/19/07
to SpeedCrunch
Hi all.

I decided to do a little re-scheduling of the release plan due to a
lack of personal spare time to implement all the features and fix all
the bugs I had planned, so this is how it is going to be:

July
1st - SpeedCrunch 0.8alpha (feature freeze, only bug fixing allowed)
10th - SpeedCrunch 0.8beta (user message freeze, release for tanslators)
25th - SpeedCrunch 0.8 (public final release - hopefully feature
complete, bug free and totally translated)

So we're going to have a 10 day delay, not the end of the world. I'm
counting on everybody to test the application so we can deliver a very
stable base (specially for Kubuntu).

Johan: we need your help, come back quickly! I'm kidding, just finish
your Qt4 book and come back asap :)

Ariya Hidayat

Jun 29, 2007, 3:36:23 AM6/29/07
to speed...@googlegroups.com
> July
> 1st - SpeedCrunch 0.8alpha (feature freeze, only bug fixing allowed)
> 10th - SpeedCrunch 0.8beta (user message freeze, release for tanslators)
> 25th - SpeedCrunch 0.8 (public final release - hopefully feature
> complete, bug free and totally translated)

While without doubt we'll have a source tarball for the first alpha, I
guess the availability of the binaries will depend on the packager. So
I guess at least we should consider binaries for Win32 and Mac OS X.

Johan: are you going to be able to spend some time making the Win32 installer?

If possible (but not urgent), an EXE linked statically to Qt will be
fantastic, cause then we don't need any installer at all. But even
without that, consider that now we have pure Qt4 version, we'll have
smaller installer size because we can drop all those Qt3 compat stuff.
UPX might help further here.

Matthew: how about the Mac OS X package? Do we need to find volunteer
to help you with this?

Regards,

Ariya