Windows taskbar toolbar/deskband

Apoorv Parle

May 8, 2017, 1:19:37 PM5/8/17
to speedcrunch
It'll be very useful if speedcrunch could sit as a Windows taskbar toolbar where it can show an editable expression as well as the answer. I envision this very similar to "Windows Taskbar > Right Click > Toolbars > Address"
I've previously used math applet on KDE3.5 as a taskbar widget and it is very very handy.

But this will require Windows specific code change/applet which won't be cross-platform. An isolated component could be created which implements the IDeskBand2 Windows API, and calls the main speedcrunch code as a backend. This way speedcrunch can still be completely cross-platform, only this tiny DLL won't be.

What do you think?