INVALID EXPRESSIONS

Chris Bogart

Oct 26, 2018, 9:42:15 AM10/26/18
to speedcrunch
How come I cannot do a simple percentage calculation?

If I say want do know what 25% of a number is it dose not work

if I input say: 1300*25% I get an invalid expression?

Helder Correia

Nov 6, 2018, 7:58:48 AM11/6/18
to speed...@googlegroups.com
The % operator was ambiguous and has been discussed since many years. People expected different behaviors from it. Given the nature of this calculator, we decided to remove it altogether in 0.12: https://bitbucket.org/heldercorreia/speedcrunch/issues/583/remove-ambiguous-percentage-operator

You can however use built-in units:

1300 * 25percent

= 325

(percent has the value 1% = 0.01)