Welcome Anna

1 view

Paul Hayes

Jun 8, 2012, 7:14:08 AM6/8/12
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com

Welcome to SpecFic Anna :

Hi, I read most classical Sci Fi books as a kid and am wishing to get into in again. I wanted to be an astronaut (as I couldn't join Starfleet, for some reason), but had to put those dreams aside when the grades in natural sciences in sweden (I'm from there originally) didn't go very well. A visit to a sound studio, and then dubbing theatre for films, as a teenager made me realise that that would be the closest I'll ever get to being on a space ship (see large screen and massive mixing table with flashy lights), so that's why I'm now a professional sound designer for feature films (worked on The Queen which won a few awards, but I'm yet to work on a sci-fi...after which I can happily die). Thanks! :)