Speculative Fiction Meetup! Tuesday 12th June, 7:00pm

Rachel Glegg

Mar 26, 2018, 3:11:27 PM3/26/18
to Speculative Fiction Brighton
Hello SF fans!

We'll be visiting in England in June. We thought it would be fun to get the band back together, as it were. We really miss you nerds!

Location TBD, but save the date/time: Tuesday 12th June, 7:00pm

We're looking forward to seeing your beautiful faces again, sharing drinks and food, and taking a deep dive into all things SpecFi :D

Rachel & Jules Glegg

Ruskeydoo

Mar 26, 2018, 5:24:21 PM3/26/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
Is in the diary!

Paul Hayes

Mar 26, 2018, 6:01:10 PM3/26/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
That's great! Will be great to see you both!

Perhaps we could take a table at a fun restaurant, and then head to someone's house for after dinner drinks?

Don't ask me what I mean by fun restaurant. I always hear rumors of places that do unusual server/food/entertainment but I've not made a not of any.

Here are 4 restaurants that are meant to be a bit different, that people have recommended in passing:

love
Paul

Rachel Glegg

Apr 10, 2018, 3:37:42 PM4/10/18
to Speculative Fiction Brighton
Perhaps... I originally had in mind something more akin to our old casual pub meetups, possibly at one of the old favourite haunts, though it's been a long while and I have no idea which of them are still operating. But we're down for whatever. Let's make solid plans in late May. Really looking forward to seeing you all!

Rachel

Paul Hayes

Rachel Glegg

Jun 8, 2018, 7:14:00 AM6/8/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
We have arrived in Brighton!

Confirming we’re still on for dinner etc this coming Tuesday. The Basketmakers sounds perfect, to be honest - Paul, do you want to see about getting a table reserved?

Rachel & Jules

Jeremy Keith

Jun 8, 2018, 9:03:32 AM6/8/18
Rachel wrote:
> Confirming we’re still on for dinner etc this coming Tuesday. The Basketmakers sounds perfect, to be honest - Paul, do you want to see about getting a table reserved?

I'll be running a bit late—I'm hosting Codebar till 9pm—but then I'll be there with bells on!

See you soon!

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Keith

a d a c t i o

https://adactio.com/

signature.asc

Paul Hayes

Jun 8, 2018, 3:03:04 PM6/8/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
I shall pee on all four table legs to make sure they know it's ours.

Paul Hayes

Jun 11, 2018, 4:14:11 AM6/11/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
Can everyone whose coming please give me a heads up today, as I'm not sure how many seats to book!

Paul Hayes

Jun 11, 2018, 4:16:03 AM6/11/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to book from 7pm

Ruskeydoo

Jun 11, 2018, 4:45:14 AM6/11/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
I'm there!

Paul Hayes

Jun 11, 2018, 7:27:05 AM6/11/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
Sadly the basket makers won't let us reserve a table in the evenings. However I'm going to arrive early and slowly try to cease control of adjacent tables until we have enough space.

Jessica

Jun 11, 2018, 12:48:32 PM6/11/18
to Speculative Fiction Brighton
I'll be there!

David D. Lent

Jun 11, 2018, 4:37:20 PM6/11/18
to Speculative Fiction Brighton
Wish we could be there.  I miss our group.

Rachel Glegg

Jun 12, 2018, 2:04:53 PM6/12/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
We’re running a few minutes behind; we’ll be there about 7:10.

David, we miss you too!

Rachel & Jules

Ruskeydoo

Jun 12, 2018, 6:59:56 PM6/12/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
Home. Face suitably coated in feline saliva. Was good seeing everyone.
IMG_20180612_235754087.jpg

Paul Hayes

Jun 13, 2018, 6:25:23 AM6/13/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
Nice sash.

I had such a good time last night. And I'm not even hungover today. Result!

Rarely am I at a table with so many witty people! Sides are sore from laughing so hard.

Was so enjoyable being together again. Spec Fic forever!

❤️❤️❤️

Paul Hayes

Jun 13, 2018, 6:26:43 AM6/13/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
We miss you too Dave. Hope life is well and that California is being good to you both.

Big love
Xx

Rachel Glegg

Jun 15, 2018, 2:04:00 AM6/15/18
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
I promise we’ll do this again next year! Should be visiting approx end of August 2019.

Was really lovely to see you all, and a lot of fun. I miss our regular gatherings.

Rachel