Snowpiercer

Rachel Glegg

Jun 27, 2014, 12:01:30 PM6/27/14
to Speculative Fiction Brighton
http://laist.com/2014/06/25/snowpiercer_review.php

This film looks awesome (trailer at the foot of the article).

From the guy who directed "The Host".

If Speculative Fiction Brighton wasn't now so... dispersed, I would definitely have hosted a film night to watch this with you guys :D

Paul Hayes

Jun 27, 2014, 12:12:44 PM6/27/14
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
Saw a trailer for this recently. Thought at the time it looked a big ham fisted with it's metaphors. A few things about it reminded me of Inverted World http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_World, which was a book I loved.

David D. Lent

Jun 27, 2014, 1:17:23 PM6/27/14
to Speculative Fiction Brighton

I have been waiting to see this for months.  It would have been a great film for specfi.

Leslie Lent

Jun 30, 2014, 2:10:51 PM6/30/14
to SpecFi

Maybe we could Skype SpecFi movie nights?  Everyone has a copy of the film, we all press play at the same time, and use Skype to hang out together like old times?

Been too long since we talked to all of you.

xo

Dan Glegg

Jul 1, 2014, 12:12:43 PM7/1/14
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
Everyone has a copy of the film, we all press play at the same time, and use Skype to hang out together like old times?

Inline images 1

I suggest we also print out this sticker for our TVs/projector screens.

Paul Hayes

Jul 1, 2014, 1:11:33 PM7/1/14
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com

Let's do this!

Rachel Glegg

Jul 1, 2014, 1:17:45 PM7/1/14
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
+1

Leslie Lent

Jul 1, 2014, 1:22:19 PM7/1/14
to SpecFi

Hells yeah!

But why can't I view the sticker?  As my eloquent statement is its inspiration, I need to get a look.

Rachel Glegg

Jul 1, 2014, 1:48:45 PM7/1/14
to Speculative Fiction Brighton

Leslie Lent

Jul 1, 2014, 1:52:16 PM7/1/14
to SpecFi

Nice.  MST3000.

James Burt

Jul 4, 2014, 12:54:45 PM7/4/14
to speculative-fi...@googlegroups.com
How many people are still on the list, and how many are based in Brighton ATM?