Network v. Local Storage

JamesStrong

Feb 18, 2015, 11:18:27 AM2/18/15
to spectralis-user-group
After completing the 'gyrations' necessary to upgrade both Data+Archive local storage; the next step is to proactively get a network solution in place before we're again in an emergent time situation.

For those of you who have moved away from the external Archive and the internal Data drives, have you noticed any decrease in performance based on your network?

I'm skeptical because our building has notorious poor bandwidth.  We were just upgraded to GB in the past 2-3 years and most PCs aren't "granted" full GB because of the poor infrastructure.

The last thing i want to do is sit around and wait for scans to store/retrieve etc. So if the bandwidth will be an issue, we've got to get that on the "IT Project" radar sooner than later.

Thanks!

j-