Safety Interlock

cterra...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2015, 6:20:21 PM12/23/15
to Spectralis/HD OCT User Group
Has anyone had the Interlock engage and not let the acquisition module activate?

sandor ferenczy

Dec 23, 2015, 6:22:03 PM12/23/15
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
Does it work if you are under a different patient?

-sandor

> On Dec 23, 2015, at 18:20, cterra...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Has anyone had the Interlock engage and not let the acquisition module activate?
>
> --
> --
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spectralis/HD OCT User Group" group.

Sandor Ferenczy

Dec 23, 2015, 8:07:04 PM12/23/15
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
The manual say to shutdown the system (and laser) and restart.

if that doesn’t work, they say to call for service.

we have seen a similar message & have had it go away after shutting down.
we also had one instance about 3 years ago when the laser box had to be sent away to be repaired.
i think that was “SAFETY-INTERLOCK (No. 66)”

-sandor

On Dec 23, 2015, at 6:20 PM, cterra...@gmail.com wrote:

Has anyone had the Interlock engage and not let the acquisition module activate?

cterra...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2015, 9:02:37 AM12/26/15
to Spectralis/HD OCT User Group
We tried restarting according to the manual, but no luck. Even after 5 minutes, 1 hour, 24 hours. It's Safety Interlock 15. Waiting for a call from Heidelberg. Do you think they would send us a loaner while they repair ours? Thanks for your response, Sandor.

Sandor Ferenczy

Dec 26, 2015, 9:28:47 AM12/26/15
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
If you are under a service agreement, they should send a loaner.

> On Dec 26, 2015, at 9:02 AM, cterra...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> We tried restarting according to the manual, but no luck. Even after 5 minutes, 1 hour, 24 hours. It's Safety Interlock 15. Waiting for a call from Heidelberg. Do you think they would send us a loaner while they repair ours? Thanks for your response, Sandor.

John Head

Dec 28, 2015, 2:01:09 AM12/28/15
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
There was an instance of the laser box overheating.  Not sure what the code was.   Off the record, removing the air filter and cleaning it may improve your chances of getting going before they show up.

cterra...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2015, 8:58:56 AM12/29/15
to Spectralis/HD OCT User Group
Thanks, I'll try it

On Saturday, December 26, 2015, Sandor Ferenczy <sandorf...@gmail.com> wrote:
If you are under a service agreement, they should send a loaner.

> On Dec 26, 2015, at 9:02 AM, cterra...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> We tried restarting according to the manual, but no luck. Even after 5 minutes, 1 hour, 24 hours. It's Safety Interlock 15. Waiting for a call from Heidelberg. Do you think they would send us a loaner while they repair ours? Thanks for your response, Sandor.
>
> --
> --
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spectralis/HD OCT User Group" group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spectralis/HD OCT User Group" group.

Chris

Dec 30, 2015, 10:51:06 AM12/30/15
to Spectralis/HD OCT User Group
Which interlock error are you running into? If you have not heard back from HEI support, email me your name, clinic name, and Spectralis serial # & I'll see about getting someone to give you a call.

Chris
chris...@heidelbergengineering.com

cterra...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2015, 9:06:06 AM12/31/15
to Spectralis/HD OCT User Group
Thanks, Chris. It's Safety Interlock 15. We finally made contact with HEI, but service is quite a ways off. It's a warranty repair from a previous issue. It's in pretty heavy use. By this time next week we'll have rescheduled several hundred patients
Chuck Terranova
University Ophthalmologists
Buffalo, NY.
Ser.# 01014

cterra...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2015, 9:09:58 AM12/31/15
to Spectralis/HD OCT User Group
University Ophthalmology 716-983-6802(Chuck)