FAF and ART

John M Head

Jul 17, 2014, 12:08:57 PM7/17/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

looking for some feedback regarding what ART is appropriate for FAF imaging, and how the ART relates to the image, and what is adequate for clinical use.

specifically, does an ART higher than 15 cause harm?  say double that? at 30?
the ART goes to 100, but not sure anyone would try that with FAF.

Does anyone feel there is a time the ART should be above 15 for FAF imaging?  Should it be lower than 15?
how many people try to pre-focus the FAF using the IR as a reference, and what amount do you compensate?  How many people focus with the FAF activated?

Thanks,
John Head
Boston, MA

Sandor Ferenczy

Jul 17, 2014, 4:18:38 PM7/17/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
I usually use ART to the point of diminishing returns (i.e. when the image stops looking better)

some patients this is 4-5 (especially if they have poor fixation/nystagmus)
some patient i can get to 50 in the time it takes other patients to get to 10.

As with all of our imaging, it is about getting the best possible given the restraints of patient (cooperation), media & time.

-sandor

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spectralis/HD OCT User Group" group.