re: [spectralis-user-group] FAF and ART

Darrin Landry

Jul 17, 2014, 1:21:01 PM7/17/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com

John

I've heard a lot of people talking about the Blu-Wave 488nm damaging photoreceptor cells during FAF, but haven't seen any real evidence yet. I find that if I leave the AF light on for over 10 seconds before I use ART, I get a better image. Rick Spaide spoke about this at the Spectralis Symposium in NYC last year- he suggested that you get much more autofluorescence if you "bleach" the retina with AF light for 10 seconds prior to using ART, the resulting AF is much more dramatic.

If anyone has links to literature with evidence of photo-toxicity with AF light, please share!!

Darrin

Darrin A. Landry, CRA, OCT-C

Ophthalmic Consultant

Bryson Taylor Inc.