120 mm lens

Callahan, Charlene

Jun 11, 2014, 8:11:07 AM6/11/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com

Good morning;

We have just received our wide field lens and are learning how to handle it. Do any of you have any tips, suggestions, or random thoughts to share?

Many thanks!

Charlene

Charlene DeLena Callahan

Ophthalmic Photographer

Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary,

Fluorescein Lab

243 Charles Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114

(617) 573-3579       FAX (617) 573-4454

charlene...@meei.harvard.edu

Darrin Landry

Jun 11, 2014, 8:19:24 AM6/11/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com

Charlene

We've been using our wide field for some time now- getting pretty great images overall.

I do notice that if there's lens issues (cat, etc), the images are not as sharp as if the same patient was imaged with the 30 or 55 degree lens.

The wide field does get closer to the eye, so there can be some lash issues- keep a lens wipe handy.

The protocol for wide field use in our practice is that we use it just before the 3 minute mid phase and capture one image of each eye. We tried starting with the wide field, but get better images if we use the 55 degree and switch as I mentioned.

Good luck- and give me a call if you want to discuss or just say hi!

Darrin

Darrin A. Landry, CRA, OCT-C

Ophthalmic Consultant

Bryson Taylor Inc.