white dot

cterra...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2016, 12:20:38 PM7/18/16
to Spectralis/HD OCT User Group
When RNFL scanning we're getting the white center spot at a very intense level. It previously seemed to dissipate as the the image comes into focus, but it's staying a very sharp, distinct point. see pic. Any thoughts?
-Chuck
IMG_2218.jpg

cterra...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2016, 12:36:18 PM7/18/16

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 12:20:38 PM UTC-4, cterra...@gmail.com wrote:
When RNFL scanning we're getting the white center spot at a very intense level. It previously seemed to dissipate as the the image comes into focus, but it's staying a very sharp, distinct point. see pic. Any thoughts?
-Chuck

somehow, cleaning the lens helped.

sandor ferenczy

Jul 18, 2016, 8:35:58 PM7/18/16
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
I hate found that grease smudges can cause similar artifacts. the the point that my first go-to is always cleaning the lens.

I have even found other OCTs have trouble eye tracking with a barely visible smear of sebum. a pen light held at a tangent usually highlights it well.

-sandor

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spectralis/HD OCT User Group" group.

Libba Affel

Jul 19, 2016, 7:52:04 AM7/19/16
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
Is the patient pseudophakic?