Spectralis and MACs

Ethan Priel

Feb 22, 2014, 4:32:43 PM2/22/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com

Group,

Has anyone installed the HeyEx viewing software on a Mac laptop, working in  a windows environment ?

Thanks for any feedback,

Ethan

RICHARD HANCOCK

Feb 24, 2014, 1:52:41 AM2/24/14
to <spectralis-user-group@googlegroups.com>, spectralis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ethan

I can run it on an iPad thru Windows (the iPad remotes my desktop at work which gives me full functionality, a bit slow though).

BW

Richard

Sent from my iPad

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spectralis/HD OCT User Group" group.

Thomas M. Clark

Feb 24, 2014, 2:07:32 AM2/24/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ethan,

While working with HE, I had all of my stuff running through my MAC with Parallels. No problems other that keyboard differences. If it was booted as a PC there were no differences other that keyboard.

Hope this helps.

Tom Clark

Ethan Priel

Feb 24, 2014, 11:59:32 AM2/24/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com

Tom thanks.

I am completely illiterate in Mac speak.

Have them working forever and very well at work on some project, and was considering installing a HeyEx viewing station – what does 'paralles' mean ?

And what keyboard differences ?

Thanks, Ethan

Eric Kegley

Feb 24, 2014, 12:18:42 PM2/24/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
Ethan,

Parallels is a program that allows the user to run Windows in a virtualization window while MacOS is running. So it shows as a program that is running in the dock. There is not a Windows key on a Mac keyboard and it has an option button that is not on the Windows keyboard. There are a few other minor differences that I cannot think of right now.

Thanks,

EK

Eric Kegley, CRA, COA

Director of Ophthalmic Imaging