video of OCT

John Head

Feb 16, 2018, 9:06:32 AM2/16/18
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have recently come upon two scenarios where video would be useful, of OCT.

The first is heme between the vitreous and the retina.  With subtle movements of the eye during the OCT scan, the heme would shimmy a little; a property that cannot be displayed well using single still frames.

Is there a way to capture a video while scanning with OCT?

The second is a simple comparison of OCT from current to previous visit... Can two OCT dates be exported as a scrolling video that will show both visits simultaneously?

thanks all.
TGIF.

-John Head, CRA, OCT-C
Virginia Eye Institute
RVA

Eric Kegley

Feb 19, 2018, 9:44:16 AM2/19/18
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com

John,

There is a program called Camtasia that I have used in the past to record the contents of your screen in a video, thus showing the comparison between the current and reference scans if you play them as a video. It is a little expensive but works very well and they have a trial period that you used to be able to use the full software for a period of a few days without restrictions ( at least that is how is used to be). I also use Snagit for the same thing now. Both are made by TechSmith. I think Snagit should be powerful enough to do what you need to do. (no financial interest)

Thanks,

EK

Eric Kegley, CRA, OCT-C, FOPS,  COA

Director of Ophthalmic Imaging

Retina Consultants of Houston

6560 Fannin St., Suite 750

Houston, TX 77030

Main  713 524-3434

Direct   713 394-7531

Fax      713 524-3220

www.houstonretina.com

www.facebook.com/RetinaConsultantsofHouston

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spectralis/HD OCT User Group" group.