UWF Lens

Sarah Moyer

Sep 8, 2014, 5:24:31 PM9/8/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
Does anybody know the field of view for the UWF lens?

Thanks,

Sarah

sandor ferenczy

Sep 8, 2014, 5:53:01 PM9/8/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
102 degrees (off the top of my head)

-sandor

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spectralis/HD OCT User Group" group.

Eric Kegley

Sep 8, 2014, 5:58:31 PM9/8/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
Sandor is right. It is ~102. That is what shows up on the image as the field of view. I wrote an article for the JOP and listed the FOV as 100.

Thanks,

EK

Eric Kegley, CRA, COA

Director of Ophthalmic Imaging

Retina Consultants of Houston

6560 Fannin St., Suite 750

Houston, TX 77030

Main    713 524-3434

Direct   713 394-7531

Fax        713 524-3220

www.houstonretina.com

www.facebook.com/RetinaConsultantsofHouston

Sep 8, 2014, 7:19:32 PM9/8/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
That is about correct. We measured it at 105 degrees. Just to compare that with the Optos. The Optos SLO claims a 200 degree FOV, but the Optos measure the FOV from the geometric center of the eye, not the opening angle of light incident on the cornea like everybody else in retinal imaging. If you recalculate the Optos 200 degree FOV to an external angle (the typical measure in a 35, 45, 50 or 60 degree fundus camera), you get 135 degrees in a rectangular FOV for the Optos P200. I still don’t understand why Optos insists on writing 200 degrees when nobody in Ophthalmology measures the angle in that fashion. Oh well.

There was a paper out last year that compared Spectralis UWF to Optos 200 and they found that the Optos shows a little bit more of the peripheral retina in the horizontal direction and the Spectralis shows a little bit more in the vertical direction. That makes sense, since the Optos has a rectangular FOV with a longer dimension in the horizontal direction and the Spectralis has a square or circular FOV.

Dirk-Uwe

On Sep 8, 2014, at 2:58 PM, Eric Kegley <eke...@houstonretina.com> wrote:

Sandor is right. It is ~102. That is what shows up on the image as the field of view. I wrote an article for the JOP and listed the FOV as 100.

Thanks,

EK

<Small VRC Logo.bmp>Eric Kegley, CRA, COA

Cullen Barnett

Sep 8, 2014, 7:21:10 PM9/8/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com

My understanding is that it is 103 degrees.

Sarah Moyer

Sep 9, 2014, 9:22:08 AM9/9/14
to spectralis...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone for the help.

Dirk-  I especially appreciate the explanation of Optos' math.