error: midi note used 5 times

half...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2019, 3:30:12 PM8/9/19
to SpectMorph
With nearly everything I try, no matter how simple I try to make the sound, I get errors of the type "midi note used 5 times". How can I avoid this? I get this when I try to use a sample created from a soft synth, and also when I try to use a steady note from my own voice.

Stefan Westerfeld

Aug 12, 2019, 9:17:36 AM8/12/19
to half...@gmail.com, SpectMorph
Hi!

Am 09.08.19 um 21:30 schrieb half...@gmail.com:
To understand why this happens, you need to know that user defined
instruments can contain one or more samples. This is why the button
which loads a sample is labeled "Add". It will add a sample to the
instrument. If you wish to use more than one samples for your
instrument, you need to assign the samples to different midi notes. The
combobox above the sample view can be used to switch between the samples
you have loaded.

For the case where you want to create an instrument containing just one
sample, you need to remove old samples either using the "Remove" button,
or "File" -> "Clear Instrument", before adding the new sample you want
to use.

Cu... Stefan
--
Stefan Westerfeld, http://space.twc.de/~stefan